Books for Commerce and Accountancy Optional For UPSC Mains Exam
Commerce and Accountancy consists of two papers i.e. Paper 1 and Paper 2. Paper 2 is full of theory which, in my view, anybody can do it with ease. Questions are straightforward unlike that of Public Administration, etc. Some sort of problem you will face is in Paper 1. For a commerce graduate, I think Commerce & Accounting optional choice is very good. Because these two subjects are your parent subjects & it is easy to you for preparation. But for a science student it may not be a very wise choice to opt for this optional.
Books for Commerce Optional For UPSC Paper – 1
- Indian Financial System by M.Y. Khan
- Financial Management; Text & Problems by Khan & Jain
- Corporate Accounting by Naseem Ahmed
- Practical Approach to Income Tax, Service Tax, VAT and Wealth Tax : Problems & Solutions By Gupta & Ahuja
Books for Commerce Optional For UPSC Paper – 2
- An Introduction to Business Organisation & Management by B.P. Singh and T.N. Chhabra
- Human Resource Management: Text and Cases
- Industrial Relations, Trade Unions and Labour Legislation by P.R.N Sinha
As far as the preparation of Commerce and Accountancy is concerned, it requires a lot of time especially preparation of the numerical related problems. But if you are interested to know the marks of the candidates appeared between 2008 and 2014, there are candidates who have secured 400+ marks in Commerce and Accountancy.
It reflects that examiners do not have any reluctance to award make in this stream. In second paper of Commercial and Accountancy, you may come across a lot of objective questions and with a little practice, you can score marks to your satisfaction. Your fascination towards the subject and a sustained effort would pay you dividend.